Not two blocks away from our house is the best sled hill in the world. I'm sure I've mentioned it before. I'm honestly surprised that the local elementary schools haven't arranged field trips with the owners of the pit-turned-sled-hill. But, it hasn't happened. Which means, more for us!
On Friday morning, the natives were getting restless. (Meaning that cousins can really only play so many different card games before ventilation is required.) I have been collecting snow clothes for just such occasions... you know, when the relatives from the southern latitudes wander north for a visit and find out they don't have heavy enough clothes...and pulled these out of the various storage boxes. I had nearly everyone fitted when Lisa came back from Black Friday Madness with Hunter in tow. Of course they wanted to join us! Now, my mom has the BEST camera in the house. She let me borrow it. And I am SO excited about the pictures I was able to snap on the hill. (I am hesitant to sled with this still-testy coccyx.) I think the pics are almost as fun as being there for the real thing.
| This sled says Limit: 2 people or 300 pounds. Hmmm... |
| It's a climb to the top. |
| This is Daelynn right after she fell off the sled and Lisa ran her over (not by choice) knocking off her glasses and filling her face with snow. Sledding on tubes full of air is a good thing. |
| Bundled |
| I didn't know Hunter needed longer socks. |
| I'm counting SIX happy faces. |
| Hunter right after he rolled down the hill. |
| Dakota showing off the threads of red in her hat. |
| Jericho didnt' like the snow the first night he was here, but I think he's getting the hang of it. |
| Lisa only looks scared cuz she doesn't know I have the reflexes of Catwoman and WILL get out of the way on time. |
| Ahh, cousin love. |
| Snow tastes good. |
| Samuel agrees. |
| Now all the little kids are rolling down the hill without sleds. |
| Gabriella is walking like a penguin to reach the top. |
| Libby's having a blast. |
| Lucky Samwise, catching a ride. |
| Daddy's are good at helping with stuff. |
| Bethany found an icicle. |
| All tuckered out with warm chocolate in the bellies. |
THanks for a great snow day!
ReplyDeleteHoney, these pictures turned out great! When's the next sled day? I want to play. :o)
ReplyDelete