Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Burning the Pants

After nine years of working for the same company, James called it quits!  (I can't tell you how long I've been encouraging him to do that.)  After getting some cash for his old polo and apron, he decided there was no way on this green earth that he would EVER wear his khaki work pants again.  And, he wanted to burn them.  He was a responsible enough to give them two more weeks while working every day as a brand-spankin' new teacher of high school Physics and Algebra.  Since he hadn't burned the bridge, I cheered him on in the burning of the pants.  In fact, we made it a family affair - complete with hot cocoa and roasted marshmallows.
Chrisse and Beth have front row seats to the goodness.

James holding up the first lamb before the slaughter

Gotta blow it hot.

Gabrie thinks this is the funniest thing in the world to be doing.  Who ever heard of burning pants?!

Pair #2...let's get the fire roaring.

Oh yeah.  Release all the tension and negativity up the chimney.

This flames are pretty.  And I'm sure there's nothing toxic about them.

This is a happy man.
Remember Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech, "Free at last!  Free at last!  Thank God almighty, we are free at last."...?  Well, that pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment