Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Put Your Back into It

No one EVER applied that saying to shoveling snow.

Well, unless you count the 11,000 people who ended up in the emergency room for doing just that.  Sunday night, James decided to be awesome and help me dig out the brand new 8 inches that had fallen on top of our already ice encrusted mounds in the driveway.  (Winter is the one time of the year when being the house on the south facing side of the road is just bad news.)

James had gone to run the movies back to Redbox.  Apparently, the new van was parked off center in the driveway.  He'd parked it there himself coming home from church.  In the slip-slide entrance, he hesitated for fear of rear-ending it.  (Good thing.  Cuz we haven't even made the first payment on it.) And there he drifted, hood deep in snow bank.

"REBECCA!!"

(Did you know I'm the snow shoveling queen of O-town?  I've even dug out Fed Ex trucks from our hill.)

We began by clearing more of the driveway to make room for the Tangerine Dream.  We were just about to dislodge her when...

"AH!"

I've never seen James face contorted in this particular, pained expression.  I hope I never see it again.

What to do?  Warm bath, ice, heat, massage, muscle relaxers and ...happy baby (good thing he's been watching me do yoga all these years!)  And, for future reference -- please don't lift with your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment