Isn't it fun that the Weather Channel has decided to start naming our awesome storms? Too bad I don't have cable to watch it coming in. I might have known this one was coming.
School isn't out, but my workplace is and there is SO MUCH snow has fallen since yesterday (I think we're looking at two feet since 3 o'clock yesterday.) It took James almost four hours to get home last night -- what possessed him to turn around and drive back down there this morning at 6:30 a.m. I cannot tell you. I kept the little ones home even though OSCD obviously believes the roads will be clear and safe, I completely disagree! I've spent the day digging out walks, driveways and neighbors spun out on our hill. The "igloo" in the back yard is covered in snow, but completely cozy inside.
So, here I am, catching up on my blog -- Hey Uncle George!! -- and learning that Blogger doesn't do photo uploads from the computer now. (It wants to pull them from Picassa.) But, I don't really want to sit here figuring out Picassa right now. I guess we'll have to just try to love blogging without pictures.
I don't know how well that will go over...
I'm guess not as well as pulling long icicles from the front porch and wrapping them in a sock so you can lick their glorious frozen wetness without getting frostbite. Maybe not as well as tromping through snow drifts up beyond your knees and wondering if tennis rackets would make good snow shoes if you could only find another bungee chord to strap it on with. Probably not as well as puddles on the shiney hardwood floor from all of the snow shedding coats-boots-hats and gloves and falling into warm.
Definitely not as well as snuggling with my red-wrapped angry bird Sam sipping on hot chocolate and marshmallows.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment