Since Samuel was little, he's had a fascination with heavenly bodies. We used to play games of "Where is the moon?" when we happened to be up late -- usually on camping trips. He loved to find the moon.
One of his favorite books to read (or be read to from) right now is "A Child's Encyclopedia of the Solar System" I bought at our local Savers. (I get all of their reading materials from there. No one wants to pay the library fees our family can rack up!) The encyclopedia talks about the planets, their moons and what stars are made of. I love to tell him that he is made of some of the same elements that the stars are made of.
One of my favorite things about Samuel is that, when he says his goodnight prayers, he is always thankful for many more things than he ever asks for. In fact, he almost never asks for anything more and he always, always thanks God for the sun, the moon, the stars and the planets.
One of his favorite books to read (or be read to from) right now is "A Child's Encyclopedia of the Solar System" I bought at our local Savers. (I get all of their reading materials from there. No one wants to pay the library fees our family can rack up!) The encyclopedia talks about the planets, their moons and what stars are made of. I love to tell him that he is made of some of the same elements that the stars are made of.
One of my favorite things about Samuel is that, when he says his goodnight prayers, he is always thankful for many more things than he ever asks for. In fact, he almost never asks for anything more and he always, always thanks God for the sun, the moon, the stars and the planets.
I love listening to little kids' prayers. I always learn something from them. Tonight I heard little Garrett say the prayer at dinner. He prayed for his sister to feel better (Elise had a stomach ache) and for me to get home safe and for Alex to have a good birthday. So sweet. I love how grateful kids are too.
ReplyDelete