Saturday was our first warm enough to leave the coats at home day of the year. We took our lunch outside in the warm backyard and inspected the ground to see what the snow storms had left us. The fence will need repairing and I found the places where the cat has worn a path through the bushes. But, we also found that the rasberries and strawberries are spreading...the lilacs are bearing their first, tight buds and the onion bulbs we planted two summers ago are coming back again.
Wanderlust got the better of us and we drove to the only playground we know of with a merry-go-round. The kids love it.
There were so many people out and about. I was surprised at the tank tops. (Sixty degrees is not exactly summer weather!)
But, while we were out, I thought I'd show off my inner goofy (and my awesomely limber playground skills) and, it turned out to be exactly what James and the kids had been missing...
Wanderlust got the better of us and we drove to the only playground we know of with a merry-go-round. The kids love it.
There were so many people out and about. I was surprised at the tank tops. (Sixty degrees is not exactly summer weather!)
But, while we were out, I thought I'd show off my inner goofy (and my awesomely limber playground skills) and, it turned out to be exactly what James and the kids had been missing...
Sounds like you all had fun. I am glad Spring is bursting forth. I missed you yesterday. Nobody that talks to me was at Church. Love you lady!
ReplyDeleteWe need a park day! Do we have time before that baby girl makes her appearance?
DeleteI wore a tank top, to run 14 miles. I did wear a jacket to do so, but then got extremely hot and took off the jacket to cool down with my family.
ReplyDeleteIt was a fantastic day to be outside.
Where in the world is that park? It looks too fun.
Jess
This one is right across the street from Layton High. It *is* fantastic. There is a river walk, ducks, huge old trees to picnic under/take pics by AND the unforgettable playground of awesomeness. (Our other favorite is called Castle Playground. It's just off Hwy 89 -- we should have a park day soon!
Delete