My friend and sitter had an awful experience with Gabriella yesterday. She asked if I would write her a list of the children's likes and dislikes so there wouldn't be a repeat anytime soon. It's uniquely them!
Gabriella does not do mayonnaise, miracle whip or butter generally speaking. The only exception to mayonnaise is in tuna with tortilla chips (one of her favorite foods.) I don't know why this is, but maybe she finally learned the word for it yesterday and thinks they are disgusting. Seriously gross way to find out. I'm sorry it was you she told.
They both LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They've been asking for them, but I don't have any peanut butter. Their favorite jam is strawberry. They also like them cut in triangles or squares.
They also don't like individually packaged cheese slices. They only like medium cheddar and string cheese. Gabriella may have eaten the meat and the bread and a slice of cheese if they were seperate. She doesn't like them together. Samuel likes them together, but NO mayo/whip.
Both of them like hamburgers instead of chicken nuggets. Neither of them like anything on the hamburger -- meat and bread. Gabrie likes to dip her burger in ketchup.
They both love dill pickles.
They both love spaghetti.
They both love hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.
When we have brocolli for dinner, Samuel won't eat anything else.
When we have canned green beans for dinner, Gabriella will get seconds, thirds, and fourths.
They both love apple sauce and chocolate pudding.
(I think chocolate is actually a food group for them, but I don't let them get away with that.)
They aren't big on casseroles or mixed dishes...even if we have salad, they like the tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, and cheese, but they don't like it to touch and only sometimes will try a dressing on it.
I don't think they've every eaten a corn dog for that reason (different flavors/textures touching.)
They love hard boiled eggs (which is funny considering what they do to my body! WHEW.)
They love canned peaches and pears but don't like apricots.
I think they will both eat grapes but only Samuel really likes raisins.
Samuel would sometimes rather just eat a carrot than anything else.
They both like bananas.
Samuel likes Cheerios and Gabriella prefers Rice Krispies.
The only food rule I have at the dinner table is that they have to taste everything on their plate. I don't make them finish what is there because I can't know how hungry they are when I dish up. I also don't want them to grow to hate a food because it didn't taste good one time. I just don't let them snack if they haven't eaten well at a meal. That way they're hungry for the next time we eat together. I know you have different rules at your house and it isn't a bad thing for them to learn these or to try new things. But, I sure do hope this helps. I think if I went through every food in the world, their tastes would be as individual as their personalities...toss in some odd family recipes (like cinammon chicken) and it's something to keep up with it all
Gabriella does not do mayonnaise, miracle whip or butter generally speaking. The only exception to mayonnaise is in tuna with tortilla chips (one of her favorite foods.) I don't know why this is, but maybe she finally learned the word for it yesterday and thinks they are disgusting. Seriously gross way to find out. I'm sorry it was you she told.
They both LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They've been asking for them, but I don't have any peanut butter. Their favorite jam is strawberry. They also like them cut in triangles or squares.
They also don't like individually packaged cheese slices. They only like medium cheddar and string cheese. Gabriella may have eaten the meat and the bread and a slice of cheese if they were seperate. She doesn't like them together. Samuel likes them together, but NO mayo/whip.
Both of them like hamburgers instead of chicken nuggets. Neither of them like anything on the hamburger -- meat and bread. Gabrie likes to dip her burger in ketchup.
They both love dill pickles.
They both love spaghetti.
They both love hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.
When we have brocolli for dinner, Samuel won't eat anything else.
When we have canned green beans for dinner, Gabriella will get seconds, thirds, and fourths.
They both love apple sauce and chocolate pudding.
(I think chocolate is actually a food group for them, but I don't let them get away with that.)
They aren't big on casseroles or mixed dishes...even if we have salad, they like the tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, and cheese, but they don't like it to touch and only sometimes will try a dressing on it.
I don't think they've every eaten a corn dog for that reason (different flavors/textures touching.)
They love hard boiled eggs (which is funny considering what they do to my body! WHEW.)
They love canned peaches and pears but don't like apricots.
I think they will both eat grapes but only Samuel really likes raisins.
Samuel would sometimes rather just eat a carrot than anything else.
They both like bananas.
Samuel likes Cheerios and Gabriella prefers Rice Krispies.
The only food rule I have at the dinner table is that they have to taste everything on their plate. I don't make them finish what is there because I can't know how hungry they are when I dish up. I also don't want them to grow to hate a food because it didn't taste good one time. I just don't let them snack if they haven't eaten well at a meal. That way they're hungry for the next time we eat together. I know you have different rules at your house and it isn't a bad thing for them to learn these or to try new things. But, I sure do hope this helps. I think if I went through every food in the world, their tastes would be as individual as their personalities...toss in some odd family recipes (like cinammon chicken) and it's something to keep up with it all
No comments:
Post a Comment