Saturday, November 19, 2011

First in State

Bethany is intense about Guarding the Colors

Chrissee takes playing to the pillars seriously
The past few weeks have been INTENSE at work, so I didn't get to tell you all that the Tiger Band swept first place in the state competition in St. George.  Bands came from all over the United States to compete (well, at least as far as Texas and California.)  Our band is not a well-funded band.  This meant getting up at 2:30am on Saturday morning, shaking off their sleep-dusted heads and loading them on to a bus where they would ride for eight hours (busses take longer, lead-footed Lisa).  Then, they prepped, played their hearts out, waited for the awards from their division, stayed for as many bands as they could from the larger schools and...

got back on the bus.  Yep.  16 hours of riding on a bus will leave you with some seriously sore spots in your body.  But, at 3:30 am on Sunday when I picked them up -- they didn't care.  Because they WON!!  In fact, they kicked "the curse" of St. George right out of the park.  It was awesome.  At some point, I will load the video on youtube or something so you can see it.  The whole band even disappears under a single flag at one point.  It's tremendous.

I'm SO thankful to have girls who a willing to work so hard and for the many people who have supported them through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment