Saturday, October 15, 2011

Homecoming 2011

Samuel was totally blowing a razzberry when this pose was chosen!
 James asked me to Homecoming this week on facebook -- it was VERY romantic!  How could I say no?!  Plus...I've been wanting to go dancing SO badly.  I'm afraid the actual day landed at the tale end of a very long week though.  Crazy, busy projects at work.  Weird weather.  Battle of the Cold and Flu virus.  PMS-ing out the YinYang.  And, low and behold, the first day of my menstrual cycle.  Ugh.  There used to be a time when this didn't really influence me, but those days are looooong gone.

So, after putting in a full day at work with an impossible-to-satisfy boss, I made it home in time to join James in cleaning up the house for the babysitter.  (Thanks RACHEL!!)  A simple dinner, a batch of cookies, my hair in rollers, a quick and cold shower to shave my legs and >>BAM<< I'm Cinderella. 

Honestly, the funnest part of the night was snapping these pics with Sam and Gabrie.  We went to Wingers on Harrison where we waited FOREVER to be seated.  There was another family that came in with us and we both stood there in dazed confusion -- plenty of servers, tons of empty booths, and not one person acknowledging our presence...did someone die?  Weird.  The manager even skuffled around the cabinet behind me and didn't say hello.  Seriously, it's a good thing the cook hadn't forgotten his/her job. 

The dance itself was fun.  The last time we went, the DJ had rap music dripping out his fingertips and it got old really quickly.  This time, there was plenty of variety and lots of people dancing.  Oh my goodness on the shortness of the girlie dresses though!! Holy cow!  I know there is fashion and sexy -- I'm all for that.  However, you should REALLY move around in your dress in front of a mirror (front and back) in the way you plan on moving when you get wherever you are going. (Not that I can talk.  My worst experience was the first time I tried to nurse a baby at church and realized I had to nearly undress to accomplish this!)  My favorite was a white and black polka dot number with a small train.  Vogue 1920's.  Gorgeous.

Like I said, on my period and such.  I danced some, but went to the bathroom more often.  Poor James.  He finally suggested we go.  On the way to the car, we saw my friend (the Visual Artist) Melinda Taggart purchasing her pizza from the delivery guy.  She invited us to see what she's working on -- it's FANTASTIC! 
Gabriella the Ballerina wants a picture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment