Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Tigers Take Davis


I hope you aren't tired of hearing it (because I am NOT tired of saying it!)  The marching band swept FIRST place in their division at the Davis Cup on Tuesday!  It's TREMENDOUS.  Not only do the bandies spend hours and hours for months putting a show together where the music and movement will evoke a feeling of awe and inspiration, but the band director has a team of choreographers to help him create and adjust the show as team members come and go (via the instruments that people can actually play that year, injuries, or just plain exhaustion.)  In addition, band parent volunteers are an intregal part of the process.  They feed, clothe, and transport the troops, so to speak.  This year, the story includes a backdrop of a huge tent that has to be moved out onto the field, set up, held throughout the performance, and removed as speedily as possible so the band isn't docked for time.  (I'm really thankful James works close enough that he was able to be a Band Dad this week.)

This coming Wednesday, the band will host their Friends and Family night at 7pm at OHS.  This is an opportunity to see the show for free and get close-up pics if your camera is good enough.  (I'm SO sad that mine is really not going to cut it this year.)  I hope that those of you who are nearby will come and sneak a peak at the performance (no sneaking required).  The girls and their bandies have worked and worked and would love to celebrate with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment