Saturday, April 30, 2011

Anniversary #6

When fighting over cake was fun -- 2005
 Six years ago, James and I were staring down finals and wedding preparations at the same time.  This is the first anniversary since then that we've spent without worrying about test preparation... well, almost without worry.  James is in his first year teaching high school Physics and has been preparing, administering, and grading tests this week.  I have been quizzing Chrissee who has AP Biology and AP European History tests right around the corner and calming Daelynn, who's nervous about missing the opportunity to join the Honors classes next year based on her end-of-levels tests.

In the long and the short of it, this life is really one test after the other.  Today's pop quiz?  How to respond when wife turns up sick, sick, sick on an anniversary and husband is required to work through an open house.  Answer:  Deal.  What's the point of tears?  Today, I called my husband in the middle of the afternoon, put on a husky voice, and tried to make him blush in front of the principal.  It didn't work.  He happened to be in the bathroom when I called.  LOL...so, we laughed together.  We do that a lot.

Here's to playful that never ends!  Cheers.

Playing dress up Victorian style -- 2010

1 comment: