Rice flour and shea,
Good luck charm in plaid
Fill more than miles and old school houses
Is the sugar plum fairy getting divorced?
Fritta, fritta, fritta
Hold your chopsticks in one hand
And the bullet in the other
But don’t eat the fish eggs
Orange orbs of light on a sea of salmon
Do your alms in secret,
But don’t leave your DNA
Your inner light is changing color
Anyone can see we’re sisters
The never there autumn leaves
Under a temple moon
Linonleum lingers underneath
For falling stars, cream cheese, and poetry
Out of time
Oregano, lemon, garlic
And thyme again
Bathed in love
Washed over stones
Emergency rooms look better when you
Are in them, rocks skip
Across a pool of grass
And jumping bliss
Give me your hand and I will heal your head
Give me your hair and I will heal your heart
Aloe soothes and not all bacteria are bad
Remember the pumpkin cookies
Made with yam and pink polish
Secrets folded inside envelopes
Kept in safe places
Like recipe books
But never banks.
Good luck charm in plaid
Fill more than miles and old school houses
Is the sugar plum fairy getting divorced?
Fritta, fritta, fritta
Hold your chopsticks in one hand
And the bullet in the other
But don’t eat the fish eggs
Orange orbs of light on a sea of salmon
Do your alms in secret,
But don’t leave your DNA
Your inner light is changing color
Anyone can see we’re sisters
The never there autumn leaves
Under a temple moon
Linonleum lingers underneath
For falling stars, cream cheese, and poetry
Out of time
Oregano, lemon, garlic
And thyme again
Bathed in love
Washed over stones
Emergency rooms look better when you
Are in them, rocks skip
Across a pool of grass
And jumping bliss
Give me your hand and I will heal your head
Give me your hair and I will heal your heart
Aloe soothes and not all bacteria are bad
Remember the pumpkin cookies
Made with yam and pink polish
Secrets folded inside envelopes
Kept in safe places
Like recipe books
But never banks.
For Rachel
I love you more than my heart can hold. And I think the only reason why we understand any of this is because we were "born and raised in smoke and joy." LOL Thank you.
ReplyDelete