This week was especially rough on that whole, "Man, I feel like a woman" business that cycles back around every month. I don't know if it was all of the home improvement projects or having my poor hubby under my feet for so many days leading up to it, but I was exhausted and crazy the night before and sorta didn't see it coming. For me, knowing it's on it's way is just better for everyone because I know what steps to take to make it easier on myself (and, therefore, everyone else). But, not this time.
My older daughters kept asking me if I was okay.
I worried about how old I must be getting to look so tired that they would be so worried about me.
My husband kept coming into whatever room I was in, giving me a hug, and walking out quietly, afraid to say anything for fear of the dragon.
The little ones went to bed without kisses.
And, in the morning, when the REAL issue became obvious, I questioned our open door bathroom policy as Gabriella came in and cried, "AMME! What happened to you?!"
My older daughters kept asking me if I was okay.
I worried about how old I must be getting to look so tired that they would be so worried about me.
My husband kept coming into whatever room I was in, giving me a hug, and walking out quietly, afraid to say anything for fear of the dragon.
The little ones went to bed without kisses.
And, in the morning, when the REAL issue became obvious, I questioned our open door bathroom policy as Gabriella came in and cried, "AMME! What happened to you?!"
Yeah, honey, you might want to lock the bathroom door during *that* time of the month. Hugs. I'm sending much needed chocolate later. You're going to love it!
ReplyDeleteYeah, don't want to have that conversation yet. I guess she is FIVE though so maybe she is old enough, lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat I meant was that I don't want to have that conversation with my girls yet. When I said I guess she is five, I meant Gabry. I re-read what I wrote and I thought I might need to clarify.
ReplyDeleteUm...yeah. Apparently, when I have off days, I just make my children younger. Ask Daelynn -- she was like, 8, for YEARS. ;)
ReplyDeletePoor Daelynn! :)
ReplyDeleteRebecca at my sisters their is just us girls (me, my sister, and my 2 nieces) when one day I was in the bathroom taking care of "girl business" when my 3 year old niece walks in looks at me and says "Is that your tampon? Is it cause your gina* is hurt?"
ReplyDelete*This is what she calls a vagina and a penis is peanuts
MJ...my parenting style is all about the honesty -- I love that other parents are doing the same. (My oldest has taken to calling it a Vuh-jay-jay, because Oprah does, and I think that's just weird.)
ReplyDelete