Gabriella, Samuel, and Heather jumping on the trampoline and making faces at the camera.
Chelsea and Thomas Good laughing it up in the sunshine.
It was one of those weekends that I long for more often than not. The kind where friends visit, families laugh, and children fill their day with adventure and imagination without ever leaving the backyard. Of course, there had to be a near catastrophe to make it happen. Our bathtub flooded into the laundry room (again). This time, it took a chunk of the ceiling with it. Our bathtub isn't deep enough. Everyone who likes to bathe (which is everyone but me) likes to fill the water until it rides the rim. The younger ones splash. The older ones roll. Water always ends up on the floor. One time though, I had only been in the shower for two minutes when my mom called in to let me know there was a leak - has to be the pipes, we thought. So, Chelsea Good brought her husband Thomas over to check things out. (Thomas is an expert with pipes after their own plumbing disasters at their house.) Thomas found the culprit while Chelsea and I chatted away... for six hours. I was in heaven. Really. So much so, that the next day, I invited them back for Sunday dinner... fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and veggies. (Thanks Mom!) The hardest part was taming the tongues of my brothers who had come to "help" me paint the west side of the house.
Thanks for the Good Times and the Good Laughs and a Good Weekend... Hey, Goods! Let's do it again sometime!
Thanks for the Good Times and the Good Laughs and a Good Weekend... Hey, Goods! Let's do it again sometime!
Mwhaa ha ha ha!! A GOOD Weekend! HA HA HA!! I love you lady!
ReplyDelete