Friday, August 28, 2009

Our Gazette

When James and I married, I began the tradition of creating a yearly Gazette to send to family and fridns with our Christmas Cards. Writing short articles to illustrate the previous year, adding jokes and recipes, has been a very fun undertaking for me. However, being busy with school and foreseeing employment in my future, may make it more difficult for me to do. It turned out to not be the most rewarding thing on the planet. It lacked response.
Last year, I created and sent a legal-length gazette to about sixty family and friends in August so that I wouldn't be swamped with too much to do around the finals week of Fall semester 2008. Sadly, I don't even know who received them and who didn't. When Christmas rolled around, we only heard from about eight people. That's the fewest Christmas cards EVER!! So, I've decided to keep updates of our family online and make the Christmas card tradition alive and more simple.
Welcome to the Samford Gazette. I've been told my family is as funny as a sitcom. But, will I write it that well? I think I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment