Did I just say that in reference to my own home? Yep. Sure did!
My sister Lisa made the long drive from Vegas just to visit cousins this last week. It was an amazing time. Water fights in the kitchen, frisbee in the front yard, cinnamon swirl pancakes, fireworks, Carver's Cove, first horse rides, swimming to the buoy, bury the body!, double chocolate fudge cake, QUICK- they're robbing the train! castle building, store selling, zen yard gardening, enough chocolate zucchini bread to share with the neighbors, more loads of dirty dishes than you could shake a stick at, etc. This past week had it ALL!
Our children are not exactly evenly spaced, or matched age by age, but they love each other so much and really have a good time.
(Mine) (Lisa's)
Chrissee (18), Bethany (16), Daelynn (14)
Dakota (12), Hunter (10)
Gabriella (7)
Liberty (6)
Samuel (6)
Jericho (4)
I think Samuel had the biggest adjustment because he's usually the only boy around wanting to play with "boy toys." So, he found himself sad to share here and there. Okay, okay...I'll admit it, I had my moments of not being in the greatest mood on earth. (Like that one time, we went to Union Station to see the trains and found out AFTER everyone was already climbing all over the historic/restored engines that they'd changed the rules so no one was allowed on them and I was reduced to yelling like a banshee so everyone could hear me and get the heck outta dodge BEFORE we were escorted from the property. But, I put myself in time out UNDER A TRAIN for that one.) But, love and laughter were quickly restored -- usually after food, a nap, or both!
I feel completely and totally lucky that Lisa comes to visit me. I hope she comes again soon. In the meantime, I think I'll sit here contemplating the dimmed volume level of my house, eat hot fudge covered ice cream and watch this video Pollyanna made for our mom on Mother's Day because it has a thousand pictures of my family in it.
My sister Lisa made the long drive from Vegas just to visit cousins this last week. It was an amazing time. Water fights in the kitchen, frisbee in the front yard, cinnamon swirl pancakes, fireworks, Carver's Cove, first horse rides, swimming to the buoy, bury the body!, double chocolate fudge cake, QUICK- they're robbing the train! castle building, store selling, zen yard gardening, enough chocolate zucchini bread to share with the neighbors, more loads of dirty dishes than you could shake a stick at, etc. This past week had it ALL!
Our children are not exactly evenly spaced, or matched age by age, but they love each other so much and really have a good time.
(Mine) (Lisa's)
Chrissee (18), Bethany (16), Daelynn (14)
Dakota (12), Hunter (10)
Gabriella (7)
Liberty (6)
Samuel (6)
Jericho (4)
I think Samuel had the biggest adjustment because he's usually the only boy around wanting to play with "boy toys." So, he found himself sad to share here and there. Okay, okay...I'll admit it, I had my moments of not being in the greatest mood on earth. (Like that one time, we went to Union Station to see the trains and found out AFTER everyone was already climbing all over the historic/restored engines that they'd changed the rules so no one was allowed on them and I was reduced to yelling like a banshee so everyone could hear me and get the heck outta dodge BEFORE we were escorted from the property. But, I put myself in time out UNDER A TRAIN for that one.) But, love and laughter were quickly restored -- usually after food, a nap, or both!
I feel completely and totally lucky that Lisa comes to visit me. I hope she comes again soon. In the meantime, I think I'll sit here contemplating the dimmed volume level of my house, eat hot fudge covered ice cream and watch this video Pollyanna made for our mom on Mother's Day because it has a thousand pictures of my family in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment