Friday, July 12, 2013

Family Activities: Not Happening

Tonight, there was another "awesome" family activity that didn't go as planned. Last night, stormy weather -- black clouds, high winds, rain drops -- prevented another trip to the reservoir.  There was a lot of pouting.  So much so, that I tried coming up with other things to do during the storm but not IN it.  No one really wanted to participate.  So, we all watched movies instead. The older girls in one room, the little kids in another, and the parents in another other room.

Not exactly a "family" movie night.

This one was on the calendar for a bit.  I'd "invited" everyone on FB even, just to be sure they'd know about it.  But, no one really wanted to go except me. 

I have to say that I don't know exactly where the idea of a "family" activity becoming optional came into play, but it's frustrating and absolutely stupid.  If all we're going to do is sleep under the same roof for the 18 years that people can't support themselves, what's the point? I'm not suggesting that we spend every waking, breathing moment together.  Gosh, I can hardly stand to spend that much time with myself.  But, come on.

What happened to all for one and one for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment