...and it wasn't half bad. I mean, there was all of the residual band drama and the "what the heck are we doing here" marriage stuff that has been trailing us around for months at a time -- I even ended up stuck at work for an extra half an hour. But, when I got home and opened the door (fully certain of the typhoon I'd find instead of a front room and the dry as a desert dinner table waiting for me to magically come up with something), I was greeted with shiny floors, a "Happy Birthday!" banner colored, created and hung across the ceiling AND three smiling faces reenacting Marty, Melman, and Gloria's rendition of "Happy Birthday" to Alex (complete with rectal thermometer and a little bit of passing out). SO FUNNY!! We ate cake and a yummy pork roast and even played a game of UNO. It was awesome.
I loved that my sweet girls came up with a plan to do what they could with what they had. I get terrible anxiety when people ask me "what do you want?" Not only do I have to think about things I may be going without, but I have to think about what that person might be giving up to give it to me. But, I didn't have to do that with my girls tonight and I am so thankful for them.
As a gift to myself, I wore Flops to work and NO makeup. (Crazy when you're turning THIRTY-SEVEN, eh?) I also started a brand spanking new project for NaNOWriMO (National Novel Writing Month). I missed out on writing when I worked for the lawfirm. Let's face it -- you've hardly heard a peep out of me! We have a lot of catching up to do. For now though, let's all sleep.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment