Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wiggle and Schmack

Last night, our monthly zoning time was interrupted by this terrible scream.  I knew instantly it was Gabriella and I knew there was nothing funny about whatever had just happened to her.  I jumped up, ran through the rooms, out the back door and crossed our lawn in record time trying to assess the situation as I went.  She was sitting on the trampoline, blood in her hands.  Samuel was laying down holding his head and our neighbor friend was jumping away like nothing had happened. 

After stopping the bouncing and reminding our friend that when someone is hurt, you stop whatever you're doing and get help, I was able to get to Gabriella.  She sobbed and splurted that she had hit her loose tooth on Samuel's head and it was knocked out.  I can't tell you how much of a relief this was to find out.  I knew she wasn't permanently broken and no emergency room was necessary.  We iced, pressured, tylenoled and popsicled for a couple of hours before bed.  After the blood cleared, we made sure the tooth had come out clean.

Somewhere in the middle, I asked Sam, "How's your head?"  He just rubbed it and said, "It doesn't hurt, Mommie."

3 comments: