Have you ever been buried under 12 loads of laundry? I haven't seen those levels in a long time. Not since passing the torch, so to speak, to my oldest 3 daughters and saying, you are tall enough to reach the buttons, you can do your own laundry! After spending a week up to my neck in overacheiver levels of craftiness for the coolest Hogwarts gear ever, I had to MOM up and dig out the laundry room.
I started Friday evening. Right after work. I finished...Sunday morning. Seriously.
Of course there were interruptions. I had to FEED people. And play taxi. And pull out my pencil and paint to create the most Wonderifick Door Knob Wonderland has ever seen. Oh, and a date night with the hubby to see Weber State University's musical production of "Lucky Stiff". (What a RIOT!!) I even stopped for Brownie Sandwiches stuffed with peppermint ice cream and James treated me to "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (Loved it!) in my jammies. So nice.
Chrissee helped me work through all of the loads, plus some sock folding parties, loads of dishes, bleaching bathrooms, vacuuming the basement, mopping the top floor...TEAMWORK!!...I even tied back the rose bush (thanks Daelynn) and cleaned up the bushes in time for winter (thanks Rachel).
I'm pretty sure Samuel is still changing his underwear twice a day and Gabriella will make sure to dress up a couple of times a day...and James? He will definitely only wear his denim once and leave his belt in the loops. So, I will be doing it again. But, for now, I can see the bottom of my laundry basket. And that is a FANTASTIC feeling.
Monday, November 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment