Friday, April 13, 2012

Seek and Ye Shall Find

I have a confession to make:  we don't do the Easter Bunny.  Total shocker from the family that doesn't do Santa Claus, right?  I know.  This year though, the lead into our celebrations for our Savior's greatest gifts to us was sorely lacking as well.  I've been so worn out pushing through the pain of the week that by the weekend, I'm napping as often as my body will. (Usually right on through church.)   Let's just say it was so bad that I actually began writing a poem called "Next Year, We'll do Jesus." 

The good news is two-fold.  a) I found a website that has beautiful short reenactments the Life of Jesus Christ (that follow the scriptural account) and b) I taught the children that we play Hide and Seek with the eggs at Easter to remember that God has promised us that we shall find what we seek.  That's a powerful promise and we must remember to be mindful of what we are focusing our energy on in this life.


I think we hid the eggs 5 times that day -- each of us taking turns to see who could hide them the best.  I don't know why, but the lesson I taught my kids that day has really stuck in my head.  I certainly hope that I can follow His counsel, to "look up and live."

No comments:

Post a Comment