Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In Sickness and in Health

No use cryin' over a cracked egg!
Remember those Hollywood wedding vows?  The ones where everyone is gorgeous and well-off and smiling at each other (while occasionally winking at the person behind them)?  I'm not sure they mean what you think the mean...

We're two weeks into January and have been through HEAPS of sickness already. 

My New Year's Resolution (something I never make) for 2012 will be to install some sort of Lysol-mister-gadget-thing over the front door.  That way, none of the germs/virus/bacteria/bad attitude from the four seperate schools members of our family attend will get into our house. That, or, I'm building a de-contamination room on to the front porch.

You think I'm kidding?  I'm not.  I'm the one who gets it everytime.  Doesn't matter that my hands are drier than I've ever seen them from all of the washing.  My immune system must be nearly non existent.

Here Mom, I have a present for ya!  Hug me so I can give it to you properly.

Of course, this resolution can't be made for this year for the following reasons:
      a) I didn't think of it until just now and all New Year Resolutions have to be posted by New Year's Eve.  It's the RULE.
      b) My sweet, hard working husband was just informed by his charter school on Thursday that they will be paying him LESS than a certified, full-time, permanent sub due to some "necessary" changes.  And this seriously tightens the budget.  Like an ugly corset.
      c) I don't actually make New Year's Resolutions.
      d) I'm sure the asthmatics in my family wouldn't actually do well with the Lysol in their lungs.
      e) Hold up!  I think "b" falls under the whole "for richer or for poorer" gig...
In the meantime, I guess I'll lay here rolling in the sickness and listening to Sam-man be sad because he's had it longer.  And it's exhausting.

5 comments:

  1. Rebecca I have recently discovered an alternative essential oil that is designed to help keep you and your family healthy thats all natural and Im sure heeps cheaper then a de-contamination room. Its called On Guard. My friend sells the oils and thy rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about natural health methods. I'll be researching ways to build up your immune system for when you're over this round. HEALTHY VIBES. (And this post did not disppoint. It *was* funny.) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just sayin' that cuz you know I'm delirious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @John...sometimes, you need a camera BEFORE you get the washcloth. :D

    ReplyDelete