Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Concert Week (Daelynn's Solo)

Our elementary school choir was invited by the city to present their Winter Program as part of the Christmas Village downtown.  Some of the songs included "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy," "Mr. Grinch," and  "I want a Hippopatomus for Christmas." I had already seen the concert in the comfort of the gym at school, but couldn't miss the opportunity to hear the warmth of voices on a cold, crisp night!  We barely made it in time and, thankfully, had remembered blankets to cover the frozen seats under our bottoms.
Daelynn is on the top row, minus a hat because she thought she had to be in concert clothes only.

Samuel is pretty impressed with the lights and the sounds

O-town, all dressed up

Grandmere stayed through concert week so she wouldn't miss it!

Even James made it home in time after his commute.

The backdrop was lovely too.

Daelynn and Bethany went ahead of us with Grandmere because our family is still minus one working transmission.  Good thing, too!  'Cuz' we missed the first song, but Daelynn didn't.  :D  I was really so impressed with this choir.  They had work on harmonies and parts.  My favorite was their rendidition of the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"... Fa-la-la-lalala.... PLUM!...I'm including it here because the Grinch video (where Daelynn has a speaking solo) is apparently too long to load.  Well done, Daelynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment