Sunday morning, they came back...
Wonderful and tentative.
I stood outside -- a mussy haired heroine
and told the ex "You shall not pass!"
A line across cold concrete of broken frost.
You musn't think life is easy
cells divide and divide, inside out.
I am waiting here upside down
with a vacuum cleaner and a legal pad
trusting everyone and no one
for God is everywhere. Right here,
in the moment you let your voice break
finally free and loud and angry-
heartbroken and afraid.
I knew then that we would be one again.
A family of women, cut in prism curves,
colorful, dancing in sunlight, starlight,
and sleepless when dreams are for making.
Place your feet on the path, arms open,
parallel to the slope.
Do not hold your breath, life is in it.
Wonderful and tentative.
I stood outside -- a mussy haired heroine
and told the ex "You shall not pass!"
A line across cold concrete of broken frost.
You musn't think life is easy
cells divide and divide, inside out.
I am waiting here upside down
with a vacuum cleaner and a legal pad
trusting everyone and no one
for God is everywhere. Right here,
in the moment you let your voice break
finally free and loud and angry-
heartbroken and afraid.
I knew then that we would be one again.
A family of women, cut in prism curves,
colorful, dancing in sunlight, starlight,
and sleepless when dreams are for making.
Place your feet on the path, arms open,
parallel to the slope.
Do not hold your breath, life is in it.
I love this. Love it, love it, love it. Favorite lines: "A line across cold concrete of broken frost." and "for God is everywhere. Right here, in the moment you let your voice break..." Fantastic message overall, with the beauty of REAL life behind it.
ReplyDelete