Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gearing up for Next Year

I know it's only March and all, but this is the time of public school assessment test, registration, try-outs, and calendaring for the 2011-12 school year.  Thankfully, the girls have all learned that next years possibilities are riding on the backs of this years hard work, long strongs, and careful decision making.
     Daelynn was terribly stressed out about her mathmatics assessment test.  For weeks, she knew it was coming and worried that she would mess up and get stuck redoing math she already knows.  Her teach, Ms. Lundgren and I both tried reassuring her.  She came home terribly upset about the ONE poorly worded story problem and determined that she hadn't made it.  Not only did she make it, but she is one of only five students in her class recommended for the Algebra level in 7th grade.
      Bethany has decided to take Seminary in her Freshman year.  I know that with all of the elective possibilities, this isn't always an easy choice, but she's making it and that's important to me.  She and Daelynn also applied to by S.P.Y. volunteers at one of our local favorite places (the Treehouse Museum).  Their essays must have been well-written, they interview this week!
      Chrissee just brought home her Marching Band calendar for next year.  I could cry.  Are we really doing this AND Chamber Choir AND Early College classes AND writing your novel AND your first summer employment AND adjusting the world Gluten free ... really?  While I am over the moon thankful that my daughter wants to do well, I wonder when her inability to say know is going to catch up with her.  I don't want her to burn out completely trying to do it all right now.
     You'll notice there isn't a driver's license in there.  Actually, we missed the last Driver's Ed class waiting on her Social Security card to be made accurate.  We'll have to be squeezing that in somewhere, too.  Let's just say the year ahead looks even more rambunctious than the year behind!
    

1 comment: