Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Computer "UP"dates

Guess what?!  We have a new computer case that shines blue like R2-D2, some brand new usable memory (Did you know those things come in TERAbytes?!)  and a brand new Operating System.  The computer is nearly miraculous now.  It can think on it's own and makes my husband beam from ear to ear. 

You know what that means, don'tcha?

I can't find a darn thing.  Not one picture file from our January fun or from Bethany's musicalific wonderment.  Oh, I've tried the "search" option.  Problem is, with FIVE hard drives, the computer doesn't even know where to begin.  It just keeps telling me that "no items match your search".  Really?!

Last night, I was all sorts of frustrated and mentioned to James when he called during the day that if he EVER updated the computer again he'd better make sure I was FINISHED with the current project and had backed it up before he started.  When he came home, he dug out the program I mentioned and added an icon to the desktop.  Brilliant.  Now, I can get to the thing I'd already finished.  HOORAY!

But, I can't keep you posted cuz our lives are far too loopy to be kept up with.

2 comments:

  1. I've never met Mac. Or played with him (except a little at your house when Michelle was in the lead). All I know is, "updates" make me CRAZY

    ReplyDelete