Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beth's Portrait Day

Wednesday afternoon was spent in our hometown's historic downtown seeking out some unique backgrounds for Bethany's 2010-11 school portraits. Rebecca, Bethany, and Rachel enjoyed the time together.
In an exclusive interview with this Princess of the Golden Tresses, Rebecca found out that sneaky goblin reflections are not the only thing on Bethany's mind. Read on to learn more... (the questions are in a normal font and the answers italicized)

What's the best thing about being 13, so far?
Being able to watch PG-13 movies. There are some awesome stories. Like The Italian Job. I love to tell my friends they're "freaked out, insecure, nuerotic, and emotional" when they tell me they're "fine".

What do you want to be when you grow up? A Veterinarian.
What's your favorite animal story? Oh, that's easy! How Chip got his name. When he was a kitten, he wouldn't stay out of the Tostitos no matter where my dad hid them -- on the fridge, under a pillow, in the underwear drawer. Chip would hunt them down to eat them!

What's your favorite song? Oh, I don't pick favorites. So, right now, there are three. "If I had you" by Adam Lambert. "I Dare you to Move" by Switchfoot and "The Reason" by Hoobastank.

Since we had to look up a couple of the band names, I take it you don't pick your favorites by who sings them. So, why these three? Well, "If I had You" is a really catchy tune as long as you don't watch the video and ignore the stripper heals. "I Dare you to Move" is just a sweet song. And the message for "The Reason" is sweet... that someone can be really evil, but meeting you would make them want to change.
If you could travel to another country, where would you go? That place where the Eiffel Tower is because it seems so magnificent.

How many pushups can you do? I'd have to do them right now 'cuz I don't actually know. (pause for trial) Thirty-one.
If you won a million dollars what would you do with it? I've had dreams about this!! First, I would put like half in savings, and then some would go to pay for college. I would buy a Golden Retriever and keep some money set aside for all the supplies I'd need and for the supplies for Chip. The rest would go for shopping. I would get my friends the best birthday presents ever!

Who is the most memorable teacher you've had so far and why? There are two and they are both boys - Mr. Kreese and Mr. Weaver. Mr Kreese because I could NOT write an essay before he taught me. Then, the smartest girl in the class - Alicia Keller - went up to see him about her essay and came away crying because he said it was terrible. It was my turn next and I was really scared and then he told me mine was the best. That felt great cuz I worked really hard. Mr. Weaver because he made us work hard and taught us a lot but did it in a fun way. Like the story he read to us about the man who was having revenge on kids. He'd say, "S is for scissors. You know how your daddy has been saying he needs a haircut? Take your scissors and go give him one." So the kids would get in trouble. (laughs) I also loved the way he directed our play, "Much Ado about Nothing." He encouraged me to get dramatic.

What's the silliest thing you did this year? GIRL'S CAMP!! We did the funniest skits. There was one where I kept getting stabbed by a loaf of bread. And I'd say, "Killed by the thing that I love the most -- SALT!" and then changed it to "GARLIC" and then "PESTO". I don't even know what pesto is! It was so funny.

What's your shoe size? Eight and a half.

What's the best service you have given or received? Well, I don't know if this sounds like service 'cuz it isn't a project. But, one of my best friends, Kayleen, has been best friends with Katelynn forever. But, when she met me, she told me everything about herself and she says she loves having someone she can tell anything to and I don't get mad at her or anything. So, we give that service to each other. We tell each other everything!

2 comments:

  1. Bethany, those pictures are amazing! and those skits sound JUST LIKE YOU!!! hahahahaha!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete