Friday, May 7, 2010

Five String Bass


Chrissee performed with the Performance Jazz Band in concert for the last time last night. I'm really impressed with her initiative and drive in pushing herself to learn this instrument. She learned so well, that her teacher brought out the five-string. He knew she could handle it. Of course, because it's so special (read expensive), she couldn't actually bring it home to practise and had to work extra hard during class to learn her fingering, timing, etc.

Last night was the first time I had a decent view to record her at work. Note the tongue. Everyone with "Virgo" genes does this when concentrating in our own special way. I think it's cute.


Bethany and Daelynn joined us with my good friend Rachel. I kidnapped everyone afterward and took them for Italian ice at a place called David's. We celebrated each of them working so hard in each of their classes, friendships, and lives to be the best they can.

I am blessed with an amazing family, wonderful friends, and breathtaking vistas. Of course, if you're reading this, you're probably one of the people I'm thinking of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment